Session level message rejection rule on message type (tag 35)

Hi All,

I am a new member of the site and also the first question.

We are using OnixS FIX (Version 5 SP2) engine library and we would like to process AE (35=AE) and W (35=W) types of messages only. It means if any other types of messages are incoming via session, then they should be rejected automatically by FIX session. I have searched through the forum and found a post (Reject of unsupported FIX messages) but somehow I couldn’t find / gather how can I achieve that in OnixS library.

If anyone has ever done that then can you please guide me.

Thanks,
KD

I am not familiar with the OnixS library but it should allow you to send a BusinessMessageReject(35=j) with BusinessRejectReason(380) = 3 (Unsupported Message Type) in response to messages received other than 35=AE or 35=W.

Thank you Hanno for your time and effort, I greatly appreciate it.

I was wondering if there is any documented way of customizing those session level rules. I tried to find it on OnixS documentation but couldn’t find how to make custom rules. Though OnixS does mention here https://www.onixs.biz/fix-dictionary/4.2/msgtype_3_3.html that it is implemented already for default rules.

The OnixS link is for the session level Reject(35=3) message, not for BusinessMessageReject(35=j).
SessionRejectReason(373) has a union data type of int and Reserved100Plus, i.e. you can customize with user-defined values of 100 or above.